If you live in cold regions and your car's heating capacity is not good enough, you might want to get a portable heater to get that extra warmth. It might also be a good idea to get your hands on a portable heater if you have a big vehicle like an RV.
Portable heaters are quite effective, easy to manage, and affordable. In fact, it’s often more economical to invest in a portable heater than to get the built-in heater fixed.
However, the huge number of available options can make it difficult for some users to pick the right heater.
We have made a list of the best portable heaters for cars, trucks, golf carts, and RVs for you to choose from. We studied all the available options and picked the ten best portable heaters based on performance and price.
Have a look:
- 0.1 Best Portable Heater for Car, Truck, Golf Cart and RV: Comparison Chart
- 0.2 Best Portable Heater for Car, Truck, Golf Cart and RV: Product Review
- 0.2.1 1.Camco Olympian RV Wave-6 LP Gas Catalytic Heater
- 0.2.2 2. Mr.Heater F274830 MH18BRV Big Buddy RV Propane Heater
- 0.2.3 3. ZeroStart 2600900 Interior Car Warmer
- 0.2.4 4. Mr.Heater MH4GC Golf Cart Heater
- 0.2.5 5. Blue-Net 12-24V 6 Ports Universal Car Truck Fan Heater
- 0.2.6 6. Zataye 12V DC Portable Car Heater
- 0.2.7 7. KINGLETING 12V Heated Seat Cushion
- 0.2.8 8. Shape 12V 800W Car Fan Heater
- 1 Buying Guide For the Best Portable Heater for Cars, Trucks, Golf Carts, and RVs
Best Portable Heater for Car, Truck, Golf Cart and RV: Comparison Chart
4x 12.8x 18 inches
18.6x 17.7x 11.8 inches
4000, 9000 and 18000 BTU/hr
8.6x 6.4x 4.4 inches
120V, 900 W
8.5x 7.5x 10 inches
8.7x 6.5x 3.1 inches
7.3x 5.6x 3.1 inches
14.2x 10.2x 2.2 inches
3x 2x 3.1 inches
Best Portable Heater for Car, Truck, Golf Cart and RV: Product Review
The Camco Olympian RV Wave-6 LP Gas Catalytic Heater serves as an ideal secondary heater source. It is suitable for use in RVs, cabins, and even homes. It produces enough heat to warm up an area of about 200 square feet.
They can be used as portable space heaters and can also be hung in a vertical or horizontal position.
Camco Olympian Wave-6 is a very efficient heater and coming with no electrical drain or battery connection. It’s ideal to take along on trips as it is safe and portable.
Mr.Heater F274830 MH18BRV comes with a radiant heater that allows you to choose from three heating options: 4000 BTUs, 9000 BTUs, or 18000 BTUs per hour. It is perfect for heating enclosed spaces of up to 300 square feet and can be used for both indoors and outdoors.
Mr.Heater F274830 MH18BRV is durable and safe to use. It provides efficient heating and is also quite affordable to buy and run. If you are looking for a heating solution for your cabin, RV or house then you can consider using this heater.
ZeroStart 2600900 is a sleek, solid looking portable car heater. It comes with a mounting bracket for easy installation and can be mounted on the floor or the car's dashboard.
The ZeroStart 2600900 is ideal for light duty, recreational passenger vehicles. It may lack some advanced features but it’s quite effective in doing what it’s made to do.
This handy and portable heater is suitable for those who want to play golf during cold days. It fits in most golf cart cup holders easily and locks in place.
Designed specifically to withstand different types of terrain without getting damaged, this heater will be good for a long period of time.
If you are looking for a portable heater for your golf cart then the MH4GC Golf Cart Heater can be a good option. It can handle rough terrains and produces enough heat to keep you warm. Plus, it’s reliable as well making it is one of the best heaters for golf carts.
The Blue-Net 6 Port Universal Car Truck Fan Heater is a compact and well-built air heater that can be used in all vehicles with a 12-24V lighter plug. It spreads heat evenly and is ideal for heavy and light vehicles.
The Blue-Net 6 Port Universal Car Truck Fan Heater is a durable and well-made heater which provides effective and quick heating as well as defrosting for your windshield and windows. Moreover, it is very simple to install and can be a good option for you to buy as it is one of the most popular portable heaters these days.
This portable car heater has a heating output of 150W. It is among the fastest heaters out there and will warm up your vehicle in no time. It is easy to install and does not require the car’s engine to keep running for it to work.
The Zataye portable car heater can be a good option as it is suitable for not only winters but summers as well. You can use the fan feature when it’s hot to feel nice and comfortable. The heater is quite affordable and easy to use at the same time.
The KINGLETING Heated Seat Cushion is a good alternative if you do not want to invest in a portable heater. It doesn’t heat up the space but will provide heat directly to your body.
Despite its small size, it can generate enough heat to keep you warm. Plus, these cushions are universally fitted to your car’s seat, hence expect no trouble.
KINGLETING Heated Seat Cushion can be a good option if you do not like heaters and want to go for an alternate solution. It’s effective and affordable. However, it may not be suitable for everyone.
This well priced and portable heater can rapidly heat up your vehicle with its big outlets giving a large volume of air. This heater works well for defogging the frost as well.
Shape 12V 800W Car Fan Heater can be a good option for users looking for an affordable unit. It may not be the most powerful heater for cars but it is quite effective and can do the job well.
Buying Guide For the Best Portable Heater for Cars, Trucks, Golf Carts, and RVs
These were some of the best portable heaters for vehicles out there. While we have done all the research for you, it is still important for you to be aware of the factors to consider when buying a portable heater for cars and other vehicles.
To help you in this regard, we have explained everything you need to know in this buying guide.
Let’s move ahead:
- Heater Type: There are three main types of heaters you will find:
- Convection: They provide even heating for the whole room.
- Fan-forced: They are great for small spaces only and don’t heat up the air.
- Radiant: They have an internal fan to blow the air
- Convection: They provide even heating for the whole room.
While they all work well, most users generally prefer fan-forced heaters as they work quickly and don’t require much space.
- Noise: Some products make a significant amount of noise when functioning. It is important to consider this factor as a noisy heater can make your journeys troublesome and also lead to distractions.
- Heating Capacity: The area that can be covered by the heater is an important factor to consider. You can find out about it through the heater’s wattage rating. The higher the wattage, the more area it will cover.
- Defroster: Fogging and frosting of the windshield is a common problem in winters. It would be a good choice to look for a heater that simultaneously defrosts your windshield and windows so you can drive safely and with ease.
- Energy Efficiency: Always look for a heater that provides more heat while utilizing little energy. It will save you cost. Features such as an adjustable thermostat, low wattage, and energy saving modes will lead to a more economical investment.
Other than this, make sure to pick a unit that is safe and easy to use with some customization options.